Monday, July 7, 2014

A great big Thank you

Hey friends!

I wanted to take a minute to give you a great big thank you!!! Your comments and responses lately have been a huge encouragement and source of joy to me. I just love hearing from you. Let me update you on the choice I have made in reading.....Dunt dun daaaaaa.

It is House of leaves!


Years ago, when House of Leaves was first being passed around, it was nothing more than a badly bundled heap of paper, parts of which would occasionally surface on the Internet. No one could have anticipated the small but devoted following this terrifying story would soon command. Starting with an odd assortment of marginalized youth -- musicians, tattoo artists, programmers, strippers, environmentalists, and adrenaline junkies -- the book eventually made its way into the hands of older generations, who not only found themselves in those strangely arranged pages but also discovered a way back into the lives of their estranged children.

Also, this book is supposed to have different colored lettering that spell out subplots and other stories within the story. There are foot notes that written up the edges of the pages. It sounds like a very layered sort of book that gives you lots to think about and things to solve. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the hard copy of this through amazon. It would not have been an easy read on kindle because of the different colors of lettering and the up the side foot notes. I felt it would be easier to read with an actual book. LOLd.

So, that is the new book choice. I will keep you posted. Let me know if you decide to read it with me!

How was your fourth of July weekend? Ours started with fire works at Two Rivers church on the 3rd. It was a great display. My favorite are the gold fuzzy fire works that just drift right out in a big pinwheel design. What are your favorite fire works? Saturday we spent the day in the Great Smoky Mountains. We had lunch in Gatlinburg, and then took a drive through Cades Cove. It was a beautiful day. I was worn out yesterday. The pups got a bath and the regular house work got done, but for the most part I just laid around watching tv and reading.

That is all that is happening in my world. What is happening in yours??


Thanks for stopping by,

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trodelvy trial failed.