Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I feel so pretty, oh so pretty.

I say I feel pretty, but it is all very tongue in cheek. It is difficult to feel pretty when you have lost your hair, eyebrows and eyelashes. Plus being a one boobed bandit makes you feel oh sooooo attractive. Right now my hair is about 3 inches long. You can view a video of what I look like here at www.missditz-thebeautifullife.com
This is a link to my other site. One I started long before I had been diagnosed. You can follow some of the older videos to see my progress from being misdiagnosed with fibromyalgia through my actual diagnosis and some of my treatment. I took about 5 months off while being sick and moving across country and dealing with family issues.
Despite the fact that often cancer can leave you feeling unpretty. I have to say I am pretty happy to be alive. There is a song that I have beeh LOVING right now. It is sort of a theme song for my life. It's called afterlife by the band Switchfoot. There is a line in the lyric that says:

I've tasted fire, I'm ready to come alive.
I just can't shut it up and fake that I'm alright,
I'm ready now, I'm not waiting for the afterlife.

I really rock out when I listen to that song. To me it is all about living fully NOW when you're still alive. Not waiting for the afterlife. So, I may not be fully pretty, but I am fully alive. Making plans for the future, and living today. Just wanted to share that with you.



Thanks for stopping by,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trodelvy trial failed.